Mission: The Yuba College Veterinary Technology Program is devoted to providing the student with the education needed to enable immediate employability of graduates at an entry level, meeting the high demand for veterinary technicians in today’s workplace.
- To enable the students to obtain a career in the field of veterinary medicine through rigorous vocational education.
- To provide the student maximum experience in the workplace in pursuit of this career.
- To show the student the relationship between the academic requirements and future employment.
- To provide opportunities for individuals to achieve their maximum potential and contribute to the well being of the veterinary community and the larger community as a whole.
To encourage student development in:
- The ability to think clearly, creatively and objectively.
- The ability to speak and write properly and with clarity of expression.
- The ability to use computational methods to analyze and solve problems using resource material and technology appropriately.
- The ability to carry out appropriate medical techniques based on the directions of the veterinarian and the characteristics of the patient in order to achieve maximum health benefits for the animal patient.
- Personal integrity and the powers of self-guidance and self-discipline.
- Attitudes of tolerance, respect and understanding for classmates, colleagues, clients and their animal patients.